City Stories is a collection of lively and engaging stories for adult basic literacy students. Crafted for adult students reading at the 1-3 grade level, City Stories, features:
• 24 individual narratives on four levels of increasing difficulty.
• Topics and situations which appeal to an adult audience: parenting, jobs, education, immigration, ambitions, and dreams, to name a few.
• Fun, uplifting, high-interest stories students will enjoy.
• Structured exposure to new vocabulary words and idiomatic expressions in a context suited to adult learners.
• A collection appropriate for use in a wide variety of ESL programs, including those following the Orton-Gillingham Approach.